Being homesick is one of my least favorite feelings in the entire universe. I mean, I HATE it with all my heart.
And Guess how lucky I am... VERY! Because currently, I am feeling exactly that.
HOMESICK
I can't make it go away. I CAN'T go home. But, I am in the process of making wherever I am, my home.
What makes a person be homesick though? It's just wood. And dry wall. And carpet, nails, paint, doors, windows, etc....
So why do I have to make it seem like SO MUCH more then that? Why when I think of home do I have to think of Paul? And how he basically made my bedroom a bedroom. Why do I have to think of every single Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, and Halloween I have ever had there? Why do I have to think of how we could be a [FAMILY] there?
Maybe because it was my home for 16 years. It's all I know, and nothing I will have again.
I'm craving normalcy. If you know where I can get some.... Give me a call.
P.S. Today, I learned that rotten chewing tobacco smells HORRIBLE! Note to self: Always look under the bed your making.
2 comments:
:( this makes me sad. it will happen sometime. you'll be able to make your current house or future house a home. I promise. I've felt that feeling before.
I love you! You're an amazing person and a great friend.
I remember when I first left home, and getting home sick. I am married now and sometimes sill get homesick, but it gets better and you end up loving where you will be &then you will move on and miss that place too :)
Post a Comment