Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wal-Mart Puppy


Many moons ago, when Wal-Mart was were Cal-Ranch is, Deb and I went shopping. As we approached the doors, we saw a box full of puppies. Of course we stopped. They were being given away. Yes, free puppies! How could a girl like myself pass that up? There was ONE girl puppy, stuck in a box with 5 or 6 boys!


I begged. I pleaded. I cried! But Debbie wouldn't give in! Lucky for me, my mom gives in pretty easy. She finally said "Go get some dog food then!". So that I did! I was going home from Wal-Mart with a new dog.


She was the cutest puppy. A mix of some sort. We searched for names, one of them being "twinkle toes" for the cute white fur on the end of her tootsies. But, We settled for Ginger.


Ginger, was a good dog! In all the ten years we had her, she never got into any trouble. She would just look up at you with big brown eyes. My family and I were in love! :) A year or so ago though, she got an allergy or something that irritated her paw quite a bit. She bit at it, licked at it, you name it. She went to the doctor a lot, but we didn't know how to help her. She even got to wear a big cone around her neck so that she would leave it alone! It didn't help.


She got very sick. Full of infection. My parents were thinking about putting her down. But we were to late. My Wal-mart puppy passed away Monday night. My parents buried her at our "pet cemetery" in my grandparents backyard, where many of my other family pets are.


We sure loved our Ginny girl! I hope I can see my pets in Heaven!!!! :)

She liked sleepin on the tramp!

No comments: