Monday, April 19, 2010

A place I go.

There is a place I visit quite often. A place I love SO much. A place called Emerald Pointe.

To tell you the truth, I don't know why I like it so much. It smells like old poopy pants, bad breath, and pureed dinner. (okay, so that's an exaggeration) But, maybe I like it so much because of the people that live there. They touch my heart.

I found my joy in this place last summer. My friend Alex and I played bingo Mondays, and Saturdays. It was so much fun! Some of the older women did not like us though! They thought that we were cheaters! All we were trying to do was help the ones that couldn't see or hear, but no. In the game of bingo, it's every man for himself. Is that the saying?

Throughout out or bingo playing adventures. Alex and I formed a favorite for one certain, little old man! This little man, LOVED women. He told us! He always kept us laughing, and feeling okay about ourselves. This friend of mine isn't doing to well now though. Which is one of the hardest things about this place I love.

Since January, I have been going every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday to exercise with my dear elderly friends. It's tons of fun! We dance from our chairs. And I have tons of new friends. (Yes, all of them being seniors) They talk with me, tell me stories, and jokes, kiss my check, (and once my eye ball, but hey, they do have bad vision) they give me funny little gifts, and... they even laugh at MY jokes!

I LOVE EMERALD POINTE!!

2 comments:

Miss Jones said...

Oddly enough, this brought tears to my eyes. I'm really glad Emerald makes you happy! You are truly serving these people.

MINDY SAVAGE and Kids said...

You do have a soft spot! JK Fry! You are a much better person than I am. But I do want to go play one night.