“Let us . . . honor the special place of the family." As James Q. Wilson wrote:
“ ‘We learn to cope with the people of this world because we learn to cope with the members of our family. Those who flee the family flee the world; bereft of the [family’s] affection, tutelage, and challenges, they are unprepared for the [world’s] tests, judgments, and demands’ (The Moral Sense [1993], 163).”
“ ‘We learn to cope with the people of this world because we learn to cope with the members of our family. Those who flee the family flee the world; bereft of the [family’s] affection, tutelage, and challenges, they are unprepared for the [world’s] tests, judgments, and demands’ (The Moral Sense [1993], 163).”
I know that dealing with my family will help me for the better. Sometimes getting along with everyone, or agreeing with others decisions is hard for me. But, I know, that everything will work out how it is supposed to. There is a reason for problems in a family, or even in anything that happens in my life, that I know I'm not in control of. So for now, I will LOVE the one's I have around me, Cherish the memories I have with the one's that aren't, and slowly [but surely] let everything fall into place.
No comments:
Post a Comment