Monday, September 7, 2009

This could be interesting...

So, I am blogging on my telephone. This is a first. So it could be very, very interesting. I'm actually laying in my bed, but I was going through the "notes" in my phone and came across the notes I took on this past confrence! One of my favorites is from President Thomas S. Monson himself. It says "Focus on our blessings as members of the church. No one makes it through life without problems, tragidey, challenges, and misfortunes. In large part we are here to learn and grow from such events in our lives. We know there are times we will cry, and greive. Adam fell that men might be, that men are, that they might have joy. Having that attitude will pull us out of hard times. It will not remove our challenges, but let us meat them head on and merge victoriously. Our promised blessings are beyond measure. The storm clouds may gather and may pour down on us, But our knowledge of the gospel and love for heavenly father and the savior will comfort and sastain us and bring joy to our hearts. As we walk uprightly and keep the commandments there will be nothing in this world that can defeat us. Fear not, and be of good cheer, the future is as bright as your faith." Keep in mind these are just my notes. So it may not make as much sense to you as it does me! I don't know why I like it so much. I read it over, and over again. Almost like it is supposed to have some meaning in it just for me! This doesn't happen often for me, so when it does I get excited and share with everyone! Obviously. I rarely bare my testimony. But I DO know that the church is true. And that heavinly father loves ME. No matter how many mistakes I have made in my life so far, and in the mistakes I will make in the future. He loves EVERYONE!! I can't express how happy it makes me to know the truth, and the gospel.

Well, that was my cheesy churchy post for the year. Lol. More to come tomorrow about my birthday, my first little bit of college, and fun things that have happened in between! :)

God is love rev run.
Does anyone else watch that?!!

3 comments:

Miss Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Jones said...

Mariah,

Definitely not cheesy. You made me smile and cheer up. Heavenly Father definitely loves YOU! Me and everyone else around you can see exactly why. I hope you can too. (This will be cheesy, but I mean it!) I know that Heavenly Father loves me because he gave me our friendship. I love you!

Alex


P.S. The word verification for this comment is "ubilly". I thought it was funny at least. =)

MariahM said...

Miss Jones. I do love you also, and I am also greatful for our friendship! UBILLY! that is funny!! OHBILLY is funny! Someone deleted their comment before I could read it. :(